Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We've been hit!


So this winter has been wild! I can't believe the amount of snow we have gotten. The novelty of the snow is wearing off for the kids and Eirik. He's getting a little tired of breaking his back to shovel the driveway in 12 degree weather. What he really hates, though, is when I shovel the snow. He thinks the neighbors will think he's a weakling.... they just don't know I love the snow. Yes, even now with it threatening to bury us alive.

Yesterday we got at least 6-8 inches. It snowed all night and all day. These pictures are what Eirik took of it today after he was done shoveling. The great news (for me) is we will be hit again on Friday and Saturday and a chance for Monday as well. We need the moisture so I say bring it on!



See the little gray box to the left of the picture? It's the mailbox, which is halfway covered in snow. The poor mailman had to dig it out just to open it. Thankfully our box is in the top half.

No comments: